You are a healthy nursing mother with an excess supply of breast milk and your baby is less than six months of age, you qualify to become a donor.
• STEP 1: A Donor consent form is obtained as this is a voluntary process.
• STEP 2: Fill up the Donor Form with the help of our counseling team. This will help us to understand your overall family health history. Post reviewing your application our medical expert team will get in touch with you for the next step.
• STEP 3: Once your medical screening is approved, we will arrange for a one-time blood sample collection. We will get the sample tested as per guidelines (all costs are covered by us). Once your blood testing has been completed, we will notify you about the results. Once approved, you become a qualified donor and join many mothers who are already part of this initiative.
• STEP 4: You can start collecting milk and inform us. Our pickup team will come to collect the milk from your doorstep.
General guidelines for milk donation
Qualifying as a Donor
• A lactating woman in good health having enough milk after feeding her own baby satisfactorily and baby is thriving well.
• Not regularly on medications or herbal supplements (with exception of prenatal vitamins, human insulin, thyroid replacement hormones, nasal sprays, asthma inhalers, topical treatments, eye drops, progestin-only or low dose estrogen birth control products).
• Willing to undergo blood testing for screening of infections.
• You are generally healthy.
• You do not smoke and consume alcohol.
Do not qualify as a Donor
• Positive blood test result for HIV, Hepatitis B or C or syphilis.
• Herself or has a sexual partner suffering from HBV, HIV, HCV & venereal diseases.
• You have a family history or increased risk for Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease (Mad Cow disease).
• Taking radioactive / other drugs / mega doses of vitamins Uses illegal drugs / alcohol / 3 caffeinated drinks / day.
• Has mastitis/fungal infection of the nipple or areola.
• Active herpes simplex/varicella zoster infections in the mammary/thoracic region.
Mother’s with surplus milk can help in saving the life of the fragile baby by donating the excess milk by just submitting the below form.
Once we receive your form our medical counselor will get in touch with you.