Who can’t donate
- Positive blood test result for HIV, Hepatitis B or C or syphilis.
- Herself or has a sexual partner suffering from HBV, HIV, HCV & venereal diseases.
- You have a family history or increased risk for Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease (Mad Cow disease).
- Taking radioactive / other drugs / mega doses of vitamins Uses illegal drugs / alcohol / 3 caffeinated drinks / day.
- Has mastitis/fungal infection of the nipple or areola.
- Active herpes simplex / varicella zoster infections in mammary / thoracic region.
Who can donate
- Lactating woman in Good health Having enough milk after feeding her own baby satisfactorily and baby is thriving well.
- Not regularly on medications or herbal supplements (with exception of prenatal vitamins, human insulin, thyroid replacement hormones, nasal sprays, asthma inhalers, topical treatments, eye drops, progestin-only or low dose estrogen birth control products).
- Willing to undergo blood testing for screening of infections.
- You are generally healthy.
- You do not take medication on a regular basis. You do not smoke.
HIV 1 & 2 Syphilis HCV (Hepatitis C) HBV (Hepatitis B)