NeoLacta Lifesciences is the only company in India and Asia that has developed 100% breast milk products.
Breast milk products have been shown in numerous clinical trials to save the lives of premature babies (defined as any baby with a Gestational age < 37 weeks) and low birth weight babies (< 2500g) and provide an alternative for low / non-lactating mothers.
Whilst a new product and concept in India, there are 2 companies that have been doing in the United States
- Prolacta Bioscience (Established in 1999)
- Medolac Laboratories (Established in 2013)
The promotors of NeoLacta Lifesciences have developed this technology in Australia. They have previously supplied their Human Breast Milk Processing equipment to setup the first breast milk bank in Perth, Western Australia, called the PREM Milk bank at the King Edward Memorial Hospital.
- Our process complies with the key Global guidelines from:
- IAP (Indian Association of Paediatrics, Infant and Young Child Feeding)
- HMBANA (Human Milk Banking Association of North America)
Links to some key research materials:
Is your baby premature?
- 'Preterm birth accounts for 35% of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) mortality in India'
- 'They need special nutrition and care than full-term babies'
- Rate of incidence of preterm has been growing
- India ranks #1 in the world with 3.5 million cases of preterm births
- In a recent study, only 30% of such mothers were able to supply 100% of breast milk for their extremely premature infants’ needs.
Benefits of Breast Milk